MOP vs. Cisco, was Re: [HECnet] _PROVISIONAL_ map of HECnet, courtesy largely of Brian H.

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Wed Jan 9 17:07:16 PST 2013

On 9 Jan 2013, at 20:04, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> wrote:

On 9 Jan 2013, at 20:01, Ian McLaughlin <ian at platinum.net> wrote:

On 2013-01-09, at 4:59 PM, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> wrote:

On 9 Jan 2013, at 19:47, Brian Hechinger <wonko at 4amlunch.net> wrote:

On 1/9/2013 7:04 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
Can I have a transcript of the commands run to configure DECnet on it to behave that way?   I learn best by imitating other setups when it comes to stuff like this.;)

Setting up DECnet on a cisco is unbelievable easy.

conf t
decnet routing 52.1 (put your node info in here of course)
decnet node-type area
interface someInterface/0
decnet cost 10

marianne(config-if)#decnet cost 10
Default ATG network number is not valid

What step did I forget? :p

Got to make sure you have the decnet routing a.b section in first.   If not, it will complain about setting the cost on an interface.

I did.

marianne#conf t
Enter configuration commands, one per line.   End with CNTL/Z.
marianne(config)#decnet routing 9.1022
marianne(config)#decnet node-type area
marianne(config)#interface ethernet1/0
marianne(config-if)#decnet cost 10

Added a 0 after decnet to represent ATG, now it's configured without error.

Ian

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net/ Personal stuff!