MOP vs. Cisco, was Re: [HECnet] _PROVISIONAL_ map of HECnet, courtesy largely of Brian H.

Ian McLaughlin ian at platinum.net
Wed Jan 9 10:06:17 PST 2013

On 2013-01-09, at 10:03 AM, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

Get a Cisco.   It's not like they're tough to find, or very expensive.
And you'll use it essentially forever. (because it will last that long!)

But emulation is free and here today, instead of waiting two weeks for an Ebay order to arrive :)   Maybe I should try playing with it to see if it's even possible.   If we could create a nice simple turnkey VM image, maybe more Hecnet members would implement it...

(I agree the hardware is the best way to go - it's bullet-proof and lives forever)

Ian