[HECnet] Re: VMS sources

Tue Jan 8 14:01:03 PST 2013

Speaking of copyright notices in DEC software...   The standard one included this paragraph:

; THE INFORMATION IN THIS DOCUMENT IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
; AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS A COMMITMENT BY DIGITAL EQUIPMENT
; CORPORATION.   DIGITAL EQUIPMENT CORPORATION ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY
; FOR ANY ERRORS THAT MAY APPEAR IN THIS DOCUMENT.

But I have a copy of a manual (the RSTS V4 kernel ODT manual), which seems to be really an internal document though I got it outside DEC, which has this spoof:

	THE MATERIAL INCLUDED IN THIS DOCUMENT, LIMITED TO
	BUT NOT INCLUDING, CONSTRUCTION SPEEDS AND OPERATING
	PURPOSES IS FOR INSTRUCTION TIMES ONLY. ALL SUCH
	CLAIM IS MATERIAL WITHOUT NOTICE, AND IS BOUND TO
	CHANGE THE SUBJECT.

:-)

	paul