[HECnet] Re: VMS sources

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Tue Jan 8 12:04:05 PST 2013

Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> writes:

On 01/08/2013 02:55 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote: >>> I've always wondered
about VMS sources: how they are actually distributed >>> today and how
much space they take? Is a CD-ROM enough for everything? And in >>>
which format are they? Just simple text files in a bunch of directories
or >>> there is something fancier such as some cross references and
indexes? >> >>   They used to make source *listings* available on fiche;
I have several >> sets of those.   It's a stack of fiche maybe 3-4"
thick. > > How old are these "listings"?

I haven't looked at them in years, but I think I have at least 5.1 and
5.2, possibly 4.7.

But who needs the source listings when you've got access to the poor-man's
microfiche?

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG