[HECnet] NCP-F-NETIO

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Tue Jan 8 07:55:41 PST 2013

Brian Hechinger <wonko at 4amlunch.net> writes:

On 1/7/2013 3:21 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote: > Can't you
issue it from the command line?   Python, if you are issuing the >
command from os.system("TELL...") is probably just spawning off
commands. > The context will be lost if that's the case.

I'm using is.popen(), so yeah, i think i'm out of luck in that case.

I'll just have to add some logic to maybe re-try the node if I get this.

What version of VMS and how do you get back the NCP$_NETIO error?

If you get an actual text string back, you might try:

"PIPE NCP TELL.... ; SHOW SYMBOL $STATUS"

I don't see why you can't just issue the NCL TELL from the command line
just once to get the failure results.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG