[HECnet] 2.11BSD and E11

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Thu Jan 3 04:54:36 PST 2013

On 3 Jan 2013, at 07:50, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> wrote:

On 3 Jan 2013, at 03:26, John Wilson <wilson at dbit.com> wrote:

From: Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net>

I'm currently having a bit of trouble getting 2.11BSD working in E11

when using the prebuilt disk by neozeed from source forge:

Looks like you're booting from tape?   And installing onto what disk image?

Yes, booting from tape with what appears to have been an incorrectly attached tape image. ;)

Oops, incorrectly attached disk image, not tape.

I couldn't find the tape image you're using.   I did find what purports
to be an RP06 image but it's actually slightly too small for that, so E11
auto-detects it as an RP05 and half of it vanishes.   It boots up fine when
the type is forced with "MOUNT DB: 211BSD /RP06".

Ah.   That would make sense.

Buuuut, Massbus disks are disabled in the current E11 Demo versions.
At this point that's an oversight (all but the RP07 are within the
Demo version's size limit) so I'll uncripple that for the next release.
I can't remember the last time anyone wanted to use the Massbus emulations!
Otherwise I would have noticed and fixed this ages ago.   Meanwhile if you
can install onto an MSCP disk then life will be easy.

Okay cool, thanks!   I'll stage it on to an MSCP disk using simh and then copy the image over and see if that helps any. ;)

Thanks for pointing this out!

John Wilson
D Bit

--