unattended booting, was Re: [HECnet] DMC11 in next simh version... looks nice, and question about TOPS-10

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Thu Jan 3 02:40:58 PST 2013

On 2013-01-03 10:56, Jordi Guillaumes i Pons wrote:

El 03/01/2013, a les 10:42, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> va escriure:

The date/time prompt is just in the script. It's totally optional as such.
That said, simh do emulate an 11/93 or 11/94 just fine, which do have a toy.

Thanks! I assume I will need to SYSGEN for the /93...

Not really. RSX detects if it is an 11/93, and enables the additional switches to the TIM command based on that.
And STARTUP.CMD also notices, and sets the clock based on the TOY. However, until you edit STARTUP.CMD, it will still ask about the time.

If you've generated a system with all the bells and whistles, the doing a new SYSGEN won't really change anything.