[HECnet] Funky file formats, et al...

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Tue Jan 1 07:42:52 PST 2013

On 2012-12-31 19:36, Bob Armstrong wrote:
    There   s something else going on here.   I   m not sure who originally
analyzed the file to decide that the format was Stream-CR (although
given that the analysis was done on RSX, we can probably guess :-)

Cool. This is become more weird all the time.
WHat I reported was what was shown when doing a directory over DECnet.
It's the information VMS presents. RSX is not really involved.
What happens if you do a directory showing the attributes over DECnet on
a VMS node?

I sould say that I don't *think* RSX is involved more than just printing out what it receives from the VMS node, but I might of course be wrong in that.

I think we have VMS machines with guest accounts. I'm going to test using one of those.