[HECnet] Bizarre RSTS/E and SIMH issue...

Fri Jul 26 15:18:30 PDT 2013

"tq" is a tape drive, I think, so the thing to do would be to find the tape emulation code where that message is being reported and stick some breakpoints into the spot where that happens.

The message you're seeing is for the Unix error code EAGAIN, which normally shows up with non-blocking I/O -- if the operation would have resulted in blocking, you get EAGAIN instead if you asked for non-blocking mode.   For example, a read when the data isn't available yet.   This may be a case of   setting non-blocking mode but not handing the resulting error returns correctly in all cases.

paul