[HECnet] Need help with VT220 down-line loadable characters (DECDLD)

Julian Wolfe julian at twinax.org
Sun Jul 21 21:30:49 PDT 2013

On Jul 21, 2013, at 2:18 PM, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:

MIM::DU:[FED]

I tried building 'font.c' with PDP-11 C on RSTS, and got:

$ cc font.c
The following messages pertain to file SY:FONT.C
  81: %PDP11C-E-SYN_SYNTAXERROR,   Found { when expecting one of { "auto" "char"
          "const" "double" "enum" "extern" "float" "int" "long" "register" "short" "
          signed" "static" "struct" "typedef" "union" "unsigned" "void" "volatile" "
          globaldef" "globalref" "globalvalue" "noshare" "readonly" "variant_struct"
            "variant_union" "*" "(" identifier typedef-name }.
The following messages pertain to the entire compilation
  %PDP11C-E-SYN_FATALSYNTAX, Fatal syntax error.
  %PDP11C-I-OGN_NO_OBJ_PRODUCED, No object file produced
Message summary:   Informational 1     Warning 0     Error 2

Which C was this compiled with?   I can install DECUS C if I need to, but normally I use ANSI C because it is newer (1992) and claims to be ansi compliant.