[HECnet] Need help with VT220 down-line loadable characters (DECDLD)

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sun Jul 21 20:18:48 PDT 2013

On 2013-07-21 20:03, Julian Wolfe wrote:
I know this is a bit off-topic, but I was playing around with the DECDLD commands in the VT220 programmer's reference guide to make character graphics on the VT220 (I'm actually using Mac240, a VT220 emulator that has full DECDLD support at a VT220 level)

I'm having a problem getting characters to join at the top of the cell.   The top two pixels don't seem to meet.

I see some material about VT320 but the addressing of the matrix seems quite different on that terminal.

I'm using 7-bit encoding to create the characters.   Do I need to use 8-bit in order to use the full matrix?

I'd be surprised if anyone on here has actually messed with this, but I thought it was worth a shot.

I can also toss my work at whoever has a VT220 lying around to see if they can test it as well.

Any input is appreciated (as long as I can decode it, ha ha)

MIM::DU:[FED]