[HECnet] Drives for a VAX-11/730

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Mon Jul 15 19:51:08 PDT 2013

On Mon, 15 Jul 2013, Bob Armstrong wrote:

Does anybody have any other ideas?   Who else has an old UNIBUS VAX?   What
are you doing to disk drives?

You could rig up a MASSBUS-compatible controller that interfaces with either full SCSI/IDE drives or images on said drive similar to how that one museum does it.

I'd love to see your -11/730 working on HECnet!

I've actually had the 11/730 for about fifteen years now - I restored it
out of parts from two different 730s that were scrapped.   It's been fairly
easy to keep running except for the drives, and although it's admittedly a
bit slow, it's a cool machine.

Bob

--
Cory Smelosky