[HECnet] Drives for a VAX-11/730

Mon Jul 15 16:43:36 PDT 2013

On Jul 15, 2013, at 11:17 AM, Bob Armstrong wrote:

http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/cmd/CDU-720_May92.pdf
These are available on eBay for about a $1K last I looked.

Eeek!

You'll need to poke around the VMS web sites for the drivers

Looks like it does MSCP - I don't know why you'd need special drivers
unless maybe to support non-standard sized drives.

That shouldn't matter either.   MSCP gets the device size from the device; one of the big points of MSCP is to do logical block addressing and leave geometry as a device detail.   I'd be surprised if VMS got this wrong...

	paul