[HECnet] Drives for a VAX-11/730

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Mon Jul 15 15:37:55 PDT 2013

Unibus to SCSI is probably your best bet.

http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/cmd/CDU-720_May92.pdf

These are available on eBay for about a $1K last I looked.    You'll need to poke around the VMS web sites for the drivers, but we had some of these on a couple Unibus machines, including a 780 a >>long<< time ago.    I know no reason why it would work for a 730 - although you might need to sysgen on a working system to create the boot disk.