VS100s, was Re: [HECnet] Drives for a VAX-11/730

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Jul 16 01:51:31 PDT 2013

On 07/15/2013 11:00 AM, lee.gleason at comcast.net wrote:
    My first home machine was an 11/725, to which I added an RB730
controller , and I used it with an RM80 for a number of years, until
power problems killed a bunch of boards in it. I hated losing it, since
I had also added a VAXstation 100 workstation peripheral to it - at the
time it was a pretty exotic setup for use at home. I'm still hanging on
tothe VS100 gear, in case another Unibus VAX comes my way.

  Do you have the VS100 interface board?   I saw one on eBay a couple of months ago, and I slapped myself in the forehead really hard. ;)   I had a VS100 for many years, and gave it away around 1993 because I could never find the interface board for it.   When I saw that board hit eBay, I really wish I'd kept the VS100..