[HECnet] Copying RL02 image under RSX

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Fri Jul 12 21:03:10 PDT 2013

On 2013-07-12 21:35, Bob Armstrong wrote:
VCP will do the trick for you, but for that you need the latest version of
RSX.
If you have that, the command is just VCP COPY

    Finally luck is on my side - I have VCP.   Never used it before, but after
perusing the help it looks like I need to do something like

	VCP CONNECT xyx/CR:RL02
	VCP COPY/DEVICE DL0: VF0:
	<swap packs now>
	VCP COPY/DEVICE VF0: DL0:
	VCP DISCONNECT VF0

    My fingers crossed.....

Should work. You might possibly want to mount the devices foreign, but otherwise you should be good.

I've never had to use the /DEVICE switch. It works correctly by default.
You might like using the /STATUS switch, to see the progress.

      I think I'll go crank up the 730 to copy the RL02...
:-)

    Sadly the 730 doesn't boot.   I was afraid it wouldn't - the RA81 is being
cranky.   "Servo fine positioning error" (which probably means "the HDA is
trash"!)   Those things are not particularly reliable, but there aren't many
alternatives for disk drives.

Check that the transport lock isn't engaged.