[HECnet] Semi-OT: adding IPX to the Cisco mesh

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Mon Jul 15 21:29:28 PDT 2013

What's the name of the product, going to grep through the SPL CDs I have..

sampsa	<sampsa at mac.com>
mobile +358 40 7208932

On 15 Jul 2013, at 23:17, Kari Uusim  ki <uusimaki at exdecfinland.org> wrote:

On 15.7.2013 21:56, Cory Smelosky wrote:
On Mon, 15 Jul 2013, Kari Uusim  ki wrote:

On 14.7.2013 14:15, Cory Smelosky wrote:

Morning all,

Would anyone be interested in adding IPX to the tunnels? ;)

I have an IPX network partially up at the moment.   Is there any OpenVMS
IPX support?   There's SNA integration so I don't see why DEC wouldn't
let Novell be unsupported. ;)

Sampsa, you could join easily if you pick up a low-power older cisco
router for absurdly cheap if you don't care about speed. (like a
2524...10BASE-T!   It'd be perfect for IPX and low-bandwidth DECnet
tunnels!)

There used to be Pathworks for Novell Netware. A Netware (3.12) server
instance running on VMS. It was talking IPX.

I would be interested in finding that.

It can be found on many SPL CD's.
The first version appeared in May 1994 and the last version was on the 1998 SPL's.

Kari