[HECnet] Semi-OT: adding IPX to the Cisco mesh

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Mon Jul 15 19:59:24 PDT 2013

On Mon, 15 Jul 2013, Gregg Levine wrote:

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 11:46 AM, Kari Uusim  ki
<uusimaki at exdecfinland.org> wrote:
On 14.7.2013 14:15, Cory Smelosky wrote:

Morning all,

Would anyone be interested in adding IPX to the tunnels? ;)

I have an IPX network partially up at the moment.   Is there any OpenVMS
IPX support?   There's SNA integration so I don't see why DEC wouldn't
let Novell be unsupported. ;)

Sampsa, you could join easily if you pick up a low-power older cisco
router for absurdly cheap if you don't care about speed. (like a
2524...10BASE-T!   It'd be perfect for IPX and low-bandwidth DECnet
tunnels!)

There used to be Pathworks for Novell Netware. A Netware (3.12) server
instance running on VMS. It was talking IPX.

Kari

Hello!
Oddly enough I remember seeing it demonstrated at a trade show. About
the same time that the pest that became Windows NT (on MIPS and Alpha)
was being discussed. In fact I did ask what about it, made it
different then the regular example Pathworks. Let's just say the
response was an interesting one.

That's...quite interesting.   I'm surprised to see that PathWorks for NETWARE was demonstrated at a trade show!

-----
Now why are the Yeti gathered all around your place Cory?

They want my ADSL WIC.

----
Dave don't do that.... Even if I was there, I wouldn't do that. But
oddly enough there is someone out there who calls himself the Doctor,
must be an earlier version of myself. And with backup, that's Liz Shaw
staring at you strangely.

-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com

Cory Smelosky