[HECnet] Semi-OT: adding IPX to the Cisco mesh

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 16:50:32 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 11:46 AM, Kari Uusim  ki
<uusimaki at exdecfinland.org> wrote:
On 14.7.2013 14:15, Cory Smelosky wrote:

Morning all,

Would anyone be interested in adding IPX to the tunnels? ;)

I have an IPX network partially up at the moment.   Is there any OpenVMS
IPX support?   There's SNA integration so I don't see why DEC wouldn't
let Novell be unsupported. ;)

Sampsa, you could join easily if you pick up a low-power older cisco
router for absurdly cheap if you don't care about speed. (like a
2524...10BASE-T!   It'd be perfect for IPX and low-bandwidth DECnet
tunnels!)

There used to be Pathworks for Novell Netware. A Netware (3.12) server
instance running on VMS. It was talking IPX.

Kari

Hello!
Oddly enough I remember seeing it demonstrated at a trade show. About
the same time that the pest that became Windows NT (on MIPS and Alpha)
was being discussed. In fact I did ask what about it, made it
different then the regular example Pathworks. Let's just say the
response was an interesting one.
-----
Now why are the Yeti gathered all around your place Cory?
----
Dave don't do that.... Even if I was there, I wouldn't do that. But
oddly enough there is someone out there who calls himself the Doctor,
must be an earlier version of myself. And with backup, that's Liz Shaw
staring at you strangely.

-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com