[DECtec] [HECnet] RE: Slight OT: SIMH Framebuffer support

Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm Mark at infocomm.com
Fri Jun 14 02:07:46 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, June 11, 2013 at 8:42 AM, Mark Pizzolato wrote:
On Tuesday, June 11, 2013 at 8:36 AM, Sampsa Laine write:
This looks cool, anyone try it?

http://www.9track.net/simh/video/

Hi Sampsa,

How timely of you to observe this today.

Just last night I got code pieces from Matt Burke (the guy at 9track.net) to
add VCB01 (QVSS) support to the simh codebase for the MicroVAX I and
MicroVAX II simulators.

I'm in the process of merging that code and adding the necessary build
mechanisms to the makefile as we speak.

This will be cleaned up and visible at https://github.com/simh/simh in at
most a couple of days....

For folks who build their own binaries, the latest github code has a VAXStation I and VAXStation II with the MonoChrome QVSS video capabilities.

      sim> SET CPU MODEL=VAXSTATION

enables the video subsystem.

The VAXStation I has a limit of 4MB of RAM, the VAXStation II has a limit of 16MB.

The makefile should just build the right thing if the development support for libSDL is installed on your platform.

Please provide bug reports and/or other feedback with issues created at https://github.com/simh/simh/issues

There is a glitch in my scripts which build and package the windows binaries which is failing to build the simulators with video support, so folks who count on the Windows Binaries will have to wait until I fix this.

Thanks.

- Mark Pizzolato