[HECnet] DECserver management software for VMS

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Sun Jun 16 22:12:34 PDT 2013

Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> writes:

On 06/16/2013 04:51 PM, Bob Armstrong wrote:
Dave McGuire wrote:
I've never heard of it

http://h30266.www3.hp.com/masterindex/installation_guide/installation_guide_
0000b767.txt

  It's basically the VMS kit that contains the DS200 load software, but it
comes with several useful command procedures too.

Neat!   Thanks for the pointer.   I've always just gotten the bare images and
dropped them into place...I guess I never stopped to think of how those
images would've gotten installed in the first place.

When I was a VMS sysadmin, we used a few Emulex terminal servers
("Performance 4000" if memory serves) that were really nice...I don't recall
them having to boot from the network, though.   I have a few of those here
with dead power supplies.   I should send them to Cory. ;)

They did and they had their own kludgy load assist agent for MOP.

The Datability (Vista) Terminal Servers had their software in flash.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG