[HECnet] DECserver management software for VMS

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Sun Jun 16 22:01:57 PDT 2013

On 16 Jun 2013, at 23:59, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

When I was a VMS sysadmin, we used a few Emulex terminal servers
("Performance 4000" if memory serves) that were really nice...I don't recall
them having to boot from the network, though.   I have a few of those here
with dead power supplies.   I should send them to Cory. ;)

                        -Dave

I've got a 48 port cyclades sitting in my flat in London, not even plugged in.

It does everything pretty much, even has a built-in PPP/SLIP server in case you want to run your own ISP.

Alas, it does not talk LAT, just IP.

sampsa