[HECnet] Losing my fixed IP

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sat Jun 15 12:26:29 PDT 2013

On 2013-06-13 08:23, Mark Benson wrote:
Due to the limits on our ability to get internet service of any decent
speed, we're having to change packages meaning we will lose out fixed IP
in November. I'd like to work towards being able to stay on HECnet
before then using STAR69 to maintain my connection.

Well, do you know if you'll get different addresses often? Many ISPs give dynamic IP addresses, but you actually stay on the same address for months, which makes it a rather small problem. I haven't had a change in address in over 6 months myself.