[HECnet] Anyone got TOPS-20 / Ultrix with DECNET SIMH image ready to run?

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Wed Jun 12 16:18:20 PDT 2013

below

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 11:02 AM, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:

The last release of Ultrix was something like 4.6 (I'll have the check
my notes, but I'm traveling) - and on PMAX and VAX.

V4.5 was the last.
Ok, that sounds right, I remembered that their was something post the R4000 work (V4.4), but I'd forgotten how many.

Over the course of time, Ultrix ran on:    PDP-11 models with a MMU both
with and without separated I/D space, most of not all of the Vaxen
(except for the 9000 I believe), and MIPS 2K,3K,4K systems that Digital
made.

Actually, if I remember right, the 9000 is supported by Ultrix. However, the 7000/10000 systems are not. But I might also be remembering things wrong.
I think you are remembering correctly  on both accounts.    I remember their was a  push by the OS team to decommit  Ultrix in favor of what would become Tru64 (aka OSF/1) started around that time.

Clem