[HECnet] Couple of Unix/DECnet questions

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Wed Jun 12 14:55:21 PDT 2013

On 2013-06-12 15:46, Jordi Guillaumes i Pons wrote:
Al 11/06/13 23:20, En/na Tony Blews ha escrit:
Hi all,
I've got a couple of questions concerning Linux and Ultrix and DECnet.

So, in rough order...

1) Is there an easy way to copy the node list into the
/etc/decnet.conf filewithout a lot faffing about and making the file
up manually?*
*
*I us*e an awk script to convert the output of a LIST KNOWN NODES to SET
NODE commands (to feed the SETNOD utility):

/^Remote node/   {
                                                nodnaml = length($5);
                                                nodnam = substr($5, 2, nodnaml-2);
                                                printf("SET NODE %s NAME %s\n", $4, nodnam);
                                }

You could grab fix.cmd from mim, and just run a sed command such as "s/^def/set/" and you have what you need as well. Or fix.com, if that amuses you more. Or grab nodenames.txt, and create what you need from there. Those files are always up to date...

It should be quite easy to generate the decnet/linux nodetable instead.

Indeed.