[HECnet] discontinuance of VMS

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Thu Jun 6 19:36:22 PDT 2013

On Thu, 6 Jun 2013, Dave McGuire wrote:

On 06/06/2013 11:54 AM, Ian McLaughlin wrote:
Now that HP have effectively discontinued VMS and associated hardware (I
know - a few years out, but once you announce a sunset date, it's
basically over) are we going to see hoarding of harware?   Are Ebay prices
going to start going up?

I'm hoarding hardware already.

But then I've been doing that for thirty years!   B-)

(I just got my first VMS-capable Itanium2 machine!)

If you end up with a surplus of Itanium machines, let me know.   I'm looking for examples of many different architecture.   Eventually I will compare performance between them somehow perhaps. ;)

Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net/ Personal stuff
http://gimme-sympathy.org Experiments