[HECnet] discontinuance of VMS

Ian McLaughlin ian at platinum.net
Thu Jun 6 16:54:13 PDT 2013

Now that HP have effectively discontinued VMS and associated hardware (I know - a few years out, but once you announce a sunset date, it's basically over) are we going to see hoarding of harware?   Are Ebay prices going to start going up?

Has anyone talked to HP as to their intentions with the hobbyist program?   It would be nice to see them hand over an officially-sanctioned PAK generator to the community - do you think we will ever see that day?

Ian