[HECnet] Licensing problem.

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Tue Jun 4 23:39:29 PDT 2013

On 4 Jun 2013, at 18:38, "Dave McGuire" <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

On 06/04/2013 06:35 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
You changed the IP address of the host machine running simh, and that
buggered your VMS licenses?

I find that very difficult to wrap my brain around.   VERY difficult.

I've taken that almost to an extreme without issues.   I also find that difficult to believe.

Yes.   It's two abstraction layers away from what changed, and one of those
layers (simh<->emulated system) is impenetrable by the guest OS.

I've changed versions of simh, host OSes,   host networking configurations and so forth and my licenses haven't yet expired.

Maybe his clock got knocked off?