[HECnet] Connected to MIM on my VT420

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Mar 29 21:28:35 PDT 2013

On 03/29/2013 11:42 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
Shame it's VCF   I don't have anything old and interesting that's really
computer related. ;) I DO however have a cabinet phonograph from the '50s
I need to fix up    (You wouldn't happen to have spare wax paper capacitors,
would you Dave?)

  I don't.   I generally don't work on gear THAT old. (not for any particular
reason other than lack of opportunity and focus on high-end test equipment)

The alpha isn't old enough to be interesting and the
VT420 is too recent to not be overshadowed by cooler terminals.   My
"classic mac" gear is from the mid-'90s and isn't that exciting.

  There isn't an Alpha in existence that's old enough to be VCF material.

Maybe if I get VMS 1.x working in SIMH...

  That might be neat.