[HECnet] Connected to MIM on my VT420

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Fri Mar 29 20:42:50 PDT 2013

On 29 Mar 2013, at 23:30, "Gregg Levine" <gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 11:21 PM, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:
On 03/29/2013 11:19 PM, Gregg Levine wrote:
You need a VT05   if you don't already have one. ;)

I don't have one, and likely never will.   One got exhibited (it belongs to
Mike Ross) along with my PDP-11/70 at VCF-East last year, though.

I have several VT52s, and a couple of VT50s.

(and I was actually talking about my coffee above..)

Hello!
I know. Going to do a repeat performance on your PDP-11 setup this
year? (And this presupposes we are good for the VCF.)

This year??   There's no VCF-East this year.

Next year...probably not, as I've already exhibited it.   I'll pick
something else.   Any suggestions?

Hello!
There isn't? Oh <DELETED!>. Oh anything that can think for itself and
can make use of ASCII.

Maybe for next year I'll work out something. If I can manage to find
the room for my crazier then out beyond left field ideas.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com

Shame it's VCF   I don't have anything old and interesting that's really computer related. ;)
I DO however have a cabinet phonograph from the '50s I need to fix up    (You wouldn't happen to have spare wax paper capacitors, would you Dave?)   The alpha isn't old enough to be interesting and the VT420 is too recent to not be overshadowed by cooler terminals.   My "classic mac" gear is from the mid-'90s and isn't that exciting.

Maybe if I get VMS 1.x working in SIMH...