[HECnet] Trying to build SIMH from git (on OpenIndiana)

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Thu Mar 21 12:40:21 PDT 2013

On 2013-03-19 23:38, Cory Smelosky wrote:
On 19 Mar 2013, at 23:37, "Dave McGuire" <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:
On 03/19/2013 11:03 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
I've gotten OpenSXCE installed and I have managed to get zones to work.   It took a
little bit of effort and a lot of time   but I have done it.
Nice work.   You really should document how you did it.
Thank you. I only had to modify one file to make it work   it was a surprisingly simple fix.   I will definitely document it if my next task succeeds.   I'm going to do a bizarre chain starting at OpenSolaris build 134 and jumping to experimental OpenIndiana 150 for SPARC via IPS, then I will create a zone there on my zones zpool and use it as a template.   I will then detach that zone and go back to OpenSXCE.   I will then clone that zone for use with the real zones.   Having 3 working drives makes this quick and safe. ;)
If all of this works, I can share me templates with you if you'd like.
Yow.   You have absorbed Solaris amazingly quickly.
I can pick things up quite quickly if I put my mind to it. ;)

I am now having an issue...

%SYSTEM-F-ABORT, abort
                            , fatal hardware error
%NCP-W-UNRCMP, Unrecognized component , Circuit
Circuit = QNA-0

The xq device is attached correctly, and it works in other OSes...but OpenVMS seems to not see it.

Device XQA0:, device type unknown, is online, network device, device is a
      template only.

      Error count                                       5       Operations completed                                 0
      Owner process                                 ""       Owner UIC                                           [SYSTEM]
      Owner process ID               00000000       Dev Prot                           S:RWPL,O:RWPL,G,W
      Reference count                               0       Default buffer size                               512

Besides that, OpenVMS doesn't show it anywhere, as multinet doesn't come up on it and SHO KNOWN CIR doesn't list the circuit.

I can't test 3.9-0 as it doesn't build, so i'm limited to latest git. ;)   Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? ;)

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff