[HECnet] Trying to build SIMH from git (on OpenIndiana)

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Tue Mar 19 20:15:05 PDT 2013

On 19 Mar 2013, at 23:09, "Gregg Levine" <gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 11:03 PM, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> wrote:

On 19 Mar 2013, at 22:55, "Dave McGuire" <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

On 03/18/2013 05:10 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
I've gotten OpenSXCE installed and I have managed to get zones to work.   It took a
little bit of effort and a lot of time   but I have done it.

Nice work.   You really should document how you did it.

Thank you. I only had to modify one file to make it work   it was a surprisingly simple fix.   I will definitely document it if my next task succeeds..   I'm going to do a bizarre chain starting at OpenSolaris build 134 and jumping to experimental OpenIndiana 150 for SPARC via IPS, then I will create a zone there on my zones zpool and use it as a template.   I will then detach that zone and go back to OpenSXCE.   I will then clone that zone for use with the real zones.   Having 3 working drives makes this quick and safe. ;)

If all of this works, I can share me templates with you if you'd like.

Wish me luck!

Hello!
May luck and the Force go along with you.

Thank you.

Dave it sounds pretty simple to me. Especially since both the Cybermen
are using 64 Gigabytes for their project, and the Silence are using 32
Gigabytes for theirs, and the Yeti are using 32 Gigabytes for
something they haven't revealed.

But are any of them IBM compatible?

Now please stop staring at that car, I can see you doing that.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com