[HECnet] Trying to build SIMH from git (on OpenIndiana)

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Tue Mar 19 15:15:15 PDT 2013

On 19 Mar 2013, at 17:38, "Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm" <Mark at infocomm.com> wrote:

On Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at 2:34 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
On 19 Mar 2013, at 17:31, "Dave McGuire" <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:
It's pretty standard, actually.   It's just not the way GCC does it.

I'm used to either Unices that don't differentiate that way, or
predate C++. ;)

And now my issues are only with libpcap...Does solaris 10 bundle its own?
If so, where's it located?

Not that I'm aware of.   And if it doesn't, that'd be refreshing,
because Sun got into a really bad habit of bundling
non-operating-system components with the operating system, all very
outdated and compiled to be put in weird places in the filesystem.

Looks like I just need to find the magic version then. 1.2.1 and one version
prior seemed to have issues.

What issues have you observed?

OpenVMS won't come up when attached, telnetting to a 4.3BSD instance gives prompt yet it responds to ping   really bizarre issues like those despite the config being copied from a working setup.

- Mark