[HECnet] Trying to build SIMH from git (on OpenIndiana)

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Fri Mar 15 12:42:46 PDT 2013

On 13 Mar 2013, at 21:02, "Cory Smelosky" <b4 at gewt.net> wrote:

On 13 Mar 2013, at 18:23, "Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm" <Mark at infocomm.com> wrote:

On Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 3:03 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
On 13 Mar 2013, at 17:52, "Dave McGuire" <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:
On 03/13/2013 05:41 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
What are the current values in /etc/system?

That's a parameter override file; it won't be in there unless someone
wants to change it from the default.

Is there a man page detailing all the options?

I have no idea.   You guys have dug up this info....

Most Solaris folk aren't really accustomed to just rebooting their
machines.

So I guess I fit in? I don't even like rebooting NT 4. ;)

I suggest that you make the change to /etc/system now so you don't forget when you go to shutdown to install the NICs or you'll end up with multiple reboots at that time....

Then again, if your system has trouble rebooting after installing the NICs you won't know if it has to do with the newly added hardware or the change to the OS configuration file   .

I'll let Brian be the guinea pig then. ;)

Added to /etc/system.   It appears to have worked.   Idling works.

I like to test one change at a time.

- Mark