[HECnet] Help to identify tap file format

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Thu Mar 14 16:52:24 PDT 2013

On 2013-03-14 22:46, Mark Benson wrote:

On 14 Mar 2013, at 15:36, blmink wrote:

There's file on trailing-egde:
ftp://ftp.trailing-edge.com/pub/rsxdists/rsx11mplus_4_6_bl87_dsk.zip
It contains rsx11mplus_4_6_bl87.dsk disk image.

Incidentally, is it possible to SYSGEN a fresh system to a clean disk image from this RSX-11MPlus 4.6 image?

I ask because I'm fed up with being stuck on 4.2 and having to tell my PDP-11 sims it's 1985 :D I'd much prefer a Y2K compliant version of RSX-11M Plus, which 4.6 is, but would like it SYSGEN'd to my emulated system on a fresh drive if possible.

As far as I know (I haven't looked thoroughly), it is a complete system. So you should be able to do a SYSGEN just fine.