[HECnet] Vt100 tester

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Mon Mar 4 12:51:36 PST 2013

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 3:30 PM, Sampsa Laine <sampsa at mac.com> wrote:
Apropos terminal emulation, does anyone know a terminal program (Win32, OS X, UNIX X11, anything that'll run on a non-DEC box) that will do SIXEL graphics?

I love the things, but the only thing I've found is DEC's DECW$TERM and piping this stuff over SSH just isn't the same as something running locally..

I fear DECterm is only thing that supported SIXEL/Regus graphics.   Tek 4010/aka Plot 10 was popular, but by the time DEC did SIXEL, graphics terminals and workstations were already taking over and I don't think they got enough market share for 3rd party SW houses to support it.

I asked one of the original Athena guys if he  remembers / knows of anything besides DECterm.

Clem