[HECnet] Vt100 tester

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Mar 5 20:43:45 PST 2013

On 03/05/2013 07:44 PM, Sampsa Laine wrote:
It gets screwier. The New York State College of Optometry again in
Manhattan is still using an entire DEC based solution for their
work. I certainly hope they hired the right hobbyist to maintain
their gear.......

I think my alma mater (Royal Holloway, Uni. of London) still uses a
couple of AlphaServers for their student registration at the
beginning of each year and some more VMS boxes for print servers for
the on-campus labs.

I actually managed to borrow some VMS install media from the admin
guys, they were more than happy to help a hobbyist out :)

  I've mentioned this to one or two folks here privately, but now that
it has come up...My mother is a journalist with Associated Press, and
she recently took a new assignment in a different city.   Their office
has a VAX-4000 running VMS, handling some sort of database.   They love
it, and they have no plans to migrate away from it.