[HECnet] OpenVMS Backup

Kari Uusim ki uusimaki at exdecfinland.org
Wed May 22 11:14:19 PDT 2013

On 22.5.2013 12:07, Mark Wickens wrote:
OK,

So obviously having asked the question I got further by examining the
BACKUP manual in greater detail.

It seems the command I need is:

BACKUP/VERIFY/LOG DKA400:[*...] DSA3:[MEDIA.VAX_MEDIA.VAXBINDEC95...]

The presence of the '*' in the input specifier causes the directory
structure to be preserved in the output directory.

*However* I still haven't solved the issue of timestamps. I'd like to
preserve the original file timestamps, but whether I use this version of
BACKUP or by saving to and then restoring from a SAVESET I still get
modification times of the current date.

Anyone know how to get round that issue?

Cheers, Mark.

.

BACKUP/IMAGE should bring everything as it is on the original medium.

Kari