OT: old Ciscos, was Re: [HECnet] Ethernet Marks 40 Years Linking People, Computers in a Wired World

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Fri May 24 18:34:03 PDT 2013

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 1:30 PM, Clem Cole <clemc at ccc.com> wrote:

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 12:43 PM, Gregg Levine <gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com>
wrote:

Yes
the Apple Mac II machines used it. They licensed it from TI, who
developed it while exploring the wonders of Lisp.

You got it from the MIT NU machine project.

Hello!
Perhaps. But TI made the silicon for it, and from there we get those
first generation expanding Macs, and of course the trillions of List
Machines.

In fact I've got an AUI Transceiver here may have been used on one,
then again it being tagged with a HP number on it, I suspect it was
used on of their cranky machines.....
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com