OT: old Ciscos, was Re: [HECnet] Ethernet Marks 40 Years Linking People, Computers in a Wired World

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Fri May 24 18:07:35 PDT 2013

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 1:05 PM, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> wrote:

On Fri, 24 May 2013, Gregg Levine wrote:

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 12:48 PM, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com>
wrote:

On 05/24/2013 12:43 PM, Gregg Levine wrote:

Funny you should mention the keyword NuBus in your presentation. Yes
the Apple Mac II machines used it. They licensed it from TI, who
developed it while exploring the wonders of Lisp. Anyone here remember
the Lisp Machines that were extremely popular once?

  Oh yes, I have several of them here, all Symbolics.   A 3640, 3645, and
an
XL1201.

One was made by TI. And it used that expansion bus.

  Yes, the TI Explorer.   I hadn't remembered that that was where NuBus
came
from.   Neat.   Then it's less of a happenstance thing that Cisco used it,
given their Lisp connections back then.

Hello!
Okay then.
-----
**Those machines are being used by something big and orange wearing
cheap sneakers, to support a massive delivery of bad data on a network
nearby.**

The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes? ;)

-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com

Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net/ Personal stuff
http://gimme-sympathy.org Experiments

Hello!
No not Goldy's favorite. Try the monster who spent several hours last
week or so, banging on your Tops-10 (or Tops-20) setup. He moved and
is now doing worse on those machines. In fact its aimed in your
direction......

--
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com