[HECnet] SIMH + VDE Part 2

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Mon May 20 19:58:43 PDT 2013

That did the trick!

using libvdeplug: /usr/local/lib/libvdeplug.so /usr/local/include/libvdeplug.h

-brian

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 08:21:30PM +0200, Jordi Guillaumes i Pons wrote:

El 20/05/2013, a les 19:35, Brian Hechinger <wonko at 4amlunch.net> va escriure:

I just fetched simh from the git repo and same thing. It's just not
picking up that VDE exists on this machine. Any tips, Mark? :)

-brian

Not Mark here :)

You need to force the makefile to look for /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/include. If you check the makefile you'll find a series of checks based on $(OSTYPE). If I understand the logic, the last one checked refers to the BSDs. I'm not quite sure what happens here, but it seems like it uses the output of ldconfig to set up things for NetBSD, but does nothing for FreeBSD (other than spitting out a warning).

What I would try is to duplicate these lines:

                    ifeq (usrpkglib,$(shell if $(TEST) -d /usr/pkg/lib; then echo usrpkglib; fi))
                          LIBPATH += /usr/pkg/lib
                          OS_LDFLAGS += -L/usr/pkg/lib -R/usr/pkg/lib
                      endif

As:

                    ifeq (usrlocallib,$(shell if $(TEST) -d /usr/local/lib; then echo usrlocallib; fi))
                          LIBPATH += /usr/local/lib
	          INCPATH += /usr/local/include
                          OS_LDFLAGS += -L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib
                      endif

Eventually if this works Mark should put it in the distribution makefile.

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons
jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
HECnet: BITXOV::JGUILLAUMES