[HECnet] Call for help to debug RTPAD.EXE on OpenVMS V8.3

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon May 20 16:50:20 PDT 2013

On 2013-05-20 17:43, G. wrote:
On Mon, 20 May 2013 11:29:28 -0400, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:

For what it's worth, both of the addresses I previously identified fell,
according to the RTPAD.MAP, in the CODE and DATA PSECTs of module RSTSRT.

So it's not a shared library issue? Anyway, I wonder what got changed in such
an old and perhaps not-so-much-used-today module...

I would be very surprised if that code have been touched in many years. More likely some corruption of the stack or some data structure. If the same code previously worked, then I'd still start by pointing at some shared library, but there might also be common data with other parts of RTPAD, which have been changed, while the RSTSRT piece was not.