[HECnet] Call for help to debug RTPAD.EXE on OpenVMS V8.3

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon May 20 16:20:22 PDT 2013

On 2013-05-20 17:07, Paul_Koning at Dell.com wrote:

On May 20, 2013, at 11:01 AM, G. wrote:

I tried exchanging V8.3 RTPAD.EXE (ident X-10) with a couple of older versions
(idents X-8, X-9) and even with the V8.4 one (ident X-10 too, so should be the
same as V8.3), to no avail: every one of them ACCVIOs as well. The oldest I
tried (X-8) comes from plain vanilla V7.2 (and does not work), but I'm almost
sure (I cannot swear on it, though) that RTERM worked fine in V7.2, so I'm
stuck: the same image (X-8) was working on V7.2 but it's not in V8.3.

I know that testing by exchanging images among different VMS versions is not
bulletproof, but considering that I didn't get any error like SHRIDMISMAT and
such, I feel confident about thinking that they are compatible. So maybe the
problem is somewhere else, probably in some shared library.

What else can I do? Is there anyone with the right knowledge (I'm thinking to
e.g. Brian Schenkenberger) that can try to track down the bug and at least
identify in which part of VMS lies the problem? Or give me some suggestions...

Port the Linux one to VMS?

Probably not something I'd recomment... :-)

However, to comment the OP, it definitely sounds like some shared library issue.