[HECnet] Another sillyness. More information in the nodename database on MIM.

Mark Wickens mark at wickensonline.co.uk
Sun May 19 06:30:01 PDT 2013

On 18/05/2013 16:49, Dave McGuire wrote:
    I've done a lot of database work, going back to Ingres and QUEL.   I'm one
of those weirdos who actually enjoys databases...I think most people find
database work to be dry and boring, but I find it fascinating and
stimulating.   I've seen DTR applications used in production but have never
had any exposure at all to the software...having something to actually *do*
with it, like this node database for HECnet, is great stuff, and a great way
to learn.

                            -Dave

Dave,

I avoided databases for a long time, but I kind of enjoy them too, although it often leaves me feeling a little dirty ;)

Mark.

Mark Wickens
http://wickensonline.co.uk
http://declegacy.org.uk