[HECnet] Another sillyness. More information in the nodename database on MIM.

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Sat May 18 19:34:56 PDT 2013

On Sat, 18 May 2013, Paul_Koning wrote:

On May 18, 2013, at 2:28 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:

On Sat, 18 May 2013, Ian McLaughlin wrote:

(I may be too late answering this, because I'm mobile and there's a billion messages in this thread that I haven't read yet...)

I'd really like to see a Hecnet-based solution - like a set host to a captured account on mim or something would be nice. A web page kind of breaks the illusion of an antique network :). Limiting access to hecnet methods sort of self-polices just by itself.

A "captured" account? ;)

Something supported by various DEC operating systems -- an account that runs the login command script but if that exits, logs you right back out.   So you can't ever get to an open ended command prompt.

I was making a joke about "captured" versus "captive". ;)

	paul

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net/ Personal stuff