[HECnet] SIMH on FreeBSD 9 and tap

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Sun May 19 20:15:03 PDT 2013

On Sun, 19 May 2013, Brian Hechinger wrote:

On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 07:10:44PM -0000, Cory Smelosky wrote:

I was running FreeBSD VMs in QEMU/KVM or ESXi.   I would add more virtual
physical interfaces to the VM.

I would then attach vm0 to en0, vm1, to en1, vm2 to en2...et cetera.   It
allowed them to communicate with each other fine.

Yeah, see my other email where I figured that out. :)

Oh!   I just remembered.   Have you set tap0 up?   Are you running simh as
root?

Running simh as root and tap1 is in the UP state.

Weird.   Try attaching with the interface down and then bringing it up?

(I had to do some weird stuff with tap and OpenVPN + simh...)

-brian

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net/ Personal stuff