[HECnet] Re: TOPS-10 and DECnet Progress Update

G. gerry77 at mail.com
Thu May 16 01:42:45 PDT 2013

On Thu, 16 May 2013 00:22:33 -0000, you wrote:

Made some changes to SYS:TTY.INI and now everything works perfectly.
(BATCON says it failed to start...but it seems to be running
more-or-less!)

So SUBMITs (and KSYS) do not work? :(

Note that processes named BATCON start only when there are batch jobs to run
and then exit after some timeout: don't expect to always see BATCONs around.

How would I do LCP START at boot?   SYSTEM.CMD or should I start it from
SYSJOB.INI?   I'm assuming as it's an OPR command I run it from SYSTEM.CMD?

I have this in my SYSTEM.CMD:

LCP SET MULTICAST-TIMER 45 <--- or whatever you like/need
LCP SET GROUPS 0
LCP SET SERVICE-NAME xxxxxx /RATING: DYNAMIC
LCP SET SERVICE-NAME xxxxxx /IDENT:   "blah blah blah"
LCP START

I added these two also, which may be useful if you plan to keep it always up:

CLOSE LOG EVERY MONDAY 00:00
SET USAGE FILE-CLOSURE EVERY MONDAY 00:00

That is, it "rotates" logs like Linux/Unix does :)

G.