[HECnet] Re: TOPS-10 and DECnet Progress Update

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Thu May 16 00:02:39 PDT 2013

On Wed, 15 May 2013, G. wrote:

On Wed, 15 May 2013 22:46:10 -0000, you wrote:

?Stopcode KNIKSP, type=INFO, on CPU0 at 15-May-113 18:43:58
[Continuing system]

Translation:

Name       Module     Type       Message and Explanation
------   ------     ----       ---------------------------------------------
KNIKSP   KNISER     INFO       KLNI Service Paused. The maximumm number of
                                              packets that can be processed has been
                                              exceeded. Location .PBMPP (Maximum Packets
                                              Processed) in the KDB/PCB contins the limit,
                                              and that limit is 2000 (decimal).

It's idling...but by idling it's stopping completely. ;)

Strange. I've seen that before when I had problems with Ethernet. Anyway,
being an INFO stopcode, it should be just, well, informational and the system
should continue as usual. Or is it throwing that stopcode again and again?

It's throwing it again and again.   Every single time Ethernet drops. ;)

My Ethernet is configured like this:

devdef ni0       564       ni20   dedic=0 decnet=1 doarp=0 enaddr=AA:00:04:00:xx:xx dpdelay=12 c3dly=2 rdtmo=3

Yours?

devdef ni0 564 ni20 dedic=1 decnet=1 doarp=0 enaddr=aa:00:04:00:aa:24 ifc=eth0 dpdelay=12 c3dly=10 rdtmo=3

I'll try changing c3dly to 2.

G.

--
Cory Smelosky