[HECnet] Re: TOPS-10 and DECnet Progress Update

G. gerry77 at mail.com
Wed May 15 22:37:50 PDT 2013

On Wed, 15 May 2013 22:38:35 +0200, you wrote:

There is a section in SIG.MEM that explains very clearly and easily how to
create a complete system backup on tape.

To Cory:

I reply to myself because I remembered an important thing: the TOPS-10 V7.05
monitor has a bug that prevents it from initializing new structures when doing
a scratch install. So, if you create a recovery tape containing that monitor,
you'll not be able to initialize disks and proceed with the installation.

The solution I found is a simple patch that adds a single instruction in a
monitor module which got modified during the very last development cycle and
was probably never throughly tested. When you'll be ready and with some spare
time, remember me to tell you how and what to do! :)

Oh, and there is the patch to enable the idle feature of KLH10 too!

G.