[HECnet] Which DECnet interfaces support remote, unattended, booting?

Fri May 17 21:04:00 PDT 2013

On May 17, 2013, at 3:48 PM, Bob Armstrong wrote:

Paul_Koning at Dell.com wrote:
QNA is not the only horrible Ethernet interface DEC designed.
The CNA (for the Pro bus) is....

Oh great, now what am I gonna do with my PRO-380?? :-)

P/OS does support the CNA.   And hopefully, some day DECnet/E will do likewise.   Just not yet.   I want to do it, but I only have about 10% of the necessary work completed.

FWIW, the DEQNA (M7504) does have an 8051 - it's at the back, next to the
handle and the three LEDs.

Interesting.   I wonder what it does.   I would think some control functions -- an 8051 isn't fast enough to be involved in the packet handling itself.

	paul